More activities in this wonderful location
We here in South Kerry are blessed to live in such a fantastic location and we here at Sea Breeze bed and brefast hope to share with you all the fantastic things to do and see. Please read on, also click here to go to my day trip recommendations
- Hike one of the local walks and experience the green natural lush scenery of the Kerry ways. Some of the walks include; Benetee loop walk, Geokaun Mountain and Fogher cliffs, Bray Head Valentia Island, Derrynane Mass Path walk, Cahersiveen town walk, and James Casey’s daily guided archaeological walk to include Leacanabuile stone fort, Cahergal stone fort and Ballycarbery castle.
- Explore Valentia Island that includes Tetrapod trackway from the Davenonian period, Slate quarry and grotto, Glanleam house, Skellig experience and the local heritage center.
- Tour the Skellig ring (45km) by car or hire a bicycle to do so. You won’t be disappointed with the landscape. A delightful trail off the tourist trail.
- Take the Ring of Kerry (217KM) route; a panoramic dive through some of Kerry and Irelands most magical scenery through the Iveragh Peninsula. The Ring is a continuous delight.
- Take the road from Cahersiveen through Ballaugh Oisin to Glencar and admire the quiet, natural and remote beautiful landscapes.
- And many more.
This is just a sample of what you may wish to explore. The are many activities available in the area;
- Mountain Climbing and Hill Walking
- Golfing within easy reach in Waterville and Skellig Bay links courses: Also Dooks, Killorglin and Killarney’s Mahoney’s Point.
- Fishing and Angling (Sea, river and shore)
- Swimming in the Atlantic and walking the unspoiled beaches.
- Watersports. Derrynane Sea Sports is great for surfing and sailing.
- Sea Trips
- Exploring archaeological sites.
- Relaxing in a beautiful hideaway.